Yard No. 506
ss WANDILLA

built by Wm Beardmore & Company Dalmuir in 1912

(WANDILLA)

ss WANDILLA

Yard Number 506, was named WANDILLA when launched on Saturday, 25/05/1912 by Wm Beardmore & Company Dalmuir , for Adelaide Steamship Company, Port Adelaide .



Other names she bore were: CESAREA (1935) FORT ST. GEORGE (1921). Her last recorded name was ARNO (1938)

She ended her days torpedoed and sank on 10/09/1942

Ship Particulars:
Built: 1912
Ship Type: Passenger Vessel
Tonnage: 7785 grt
Length: 411.3 feet
Breadth: 56.7 feet
Owner History:
Adelaide Steamship Company, Port Adelaide
1921 Bermuda & West Indies SS Co., Hamilton (Furness, Withy)
1935 Lloyd Triestino
1940 Royal Italian Navy requisition, hospital ship

Additional Information: Sunk by aerial torpedoes from RAF in 33.14N 23.23E, about 40 miles NE of Ras el Tin
Previous update by Stuart Cameron