Yard Number 292 was named JUPITER when launched on Saturday 21/03/1896 by J & G Thomson Clydebank for Glasgow & South Western Railway Co Glasgow
Ship Type: Paddle steamer
Ship's Role: Clyde passenger steamer
Tonnage: 394 g
Length: 230 feet
Breadth: 28.1 feet
Glasgow & South Western Railway Co., Glasgow
1923 London, Midland & Scottish Railway Co., Glasgow
Her main engines were built by J & G Thomson Clydebank , she was powered by Steam compound diagonal 2Cy.
Other names she bore were: JUPITER II (1915). Her last recorded name was JUPITER (1920)
JUPITER arrived for scrapping on 27/12/1935
Served as a minesweeper as Jupiter II.
Sold to T.W.Ward in December 1935 and broken up at Barrow.
Photo supplied by G Lappin
Previous update by Bruce Allan