Yard No. 264
ss MINERVA

built by J & G Thomson Clydebank in 1893

(MINERVA)

ss MINERVA

Yard Number 264, was named MINERVA when launched on Saturday, 06/05/1893 by J & G Thomson Clydebank , for Glasgow & South Western Railway Company, Glasgow .

She was recorded as a dead ship on 1928

Ship Particulars:
Built: 1893
Ship Type: Paddle Steamer
Tonnage: 306 grt
Length: 200 feet
Breadth: 25 feet
Owner History:
Glasgow & South Western Railway Company, Glasgow
1924 Turkish owners

Additional Information: Admiralty requisition 6/1916 to 4/1920, aux patrol vessel then minesweeper from 4/1919
sold to Turkey 1924, DLR 1928
Previous update by Stuart Cameron
Photo supplied by John Ward~McQuaid