Yard No. 521
st ANDANIA

built by William Hamilton & Co Port Glasgow in 1960

(ANDANIA)

st ANDANIA

Yard Number 521, was named ANDANIA when launched on Saturday, 19/12/1959 by William Hamilton & Co Port Glasgow , for Cunard Steamship Co Ltd, Liverpool.

Her main engines were built by David Rowan & Co.Glasgow , she was powered by 2 Steam turbines direct gr to sc shaft 1000shp

Other names she bore were: YUNG JIAN/ HUMI MAHIS/ MACHARDA. Her last recorded name was HONG QI 107

ANDANIA was scrapped on 1986

Ship Particulars:
Built: 1960
Ship Type: Cargo Vessel
Ship's Role: N.Atlantic cargo
Tonnage: 7004 grt | 3501 nrt | 9158 dwt
Length: 490 feet 5
Breadth: 63 feet 3
Draught: 26 feet 7
Owner History:
Cunard Steamship Co Ltd, Liverpool

Additional Information:


Previous update by Paul Strathdee

Photo supplied by Michael Campbell
Previous update by Colin Campbell