ts DUCHESS OF MONTROSE
Yard Number 1245, was named DUCHESS OF MONTROSE when launched on Saturday, 10/05/1930 by William Denny & Brothers Dumbarton , for Caledonian Steam Packet Company.
Her main engines were built by Wm Denny , she was powered by 3 turbines - converted to oil burning in 1956 Her last recorded name was DUCHESS OF MONTROSE
DUCHESS OF MONTROSE was scrapped on 1965
Ship Type: Passenger Vessel
Ship's Role: Mainly cruises
Tonnage: 806 grt - later 794
Length: 262 feet
Breadth: 32 feet
Draught: 7 feet
Caledonian Steam Packet Company
Additional Information: The first one
class vessel on the Clyde.
Laid up Albert harbour 31st August 1964 after her last cruise the previous day
Photo by Ian Montgomery
Previous update by Bruce Biddulph